WEDNESDAY 26 SEPTEMBER, 2012
~~~ Israelis shrug at Netanyahu's Iran warnings ~~~ Iranian President Ahmadinejad has harsh words for Israel, calls homosexuality ‘ugly’ ~~~ Amazing 3D moon photos created with help of lunar orbiter ~~~ Romney jokes about Clinton’s influence on the 2012 election ~~~ ’2016: Obama’s America’ filmmaker defends against critics ~~~ Elizabeth Warren represented coal mining company ~~~

Popular Post

You Are Here: Home - Latest Event - What’s Hip with Scripps?

Looks like “The Vanilla Ice Project” got renewed for another season, and I have to say, I’m a little surprised. When I think of DIY leaders, Vanilla Ice is not the first name to come to mind. However, he does a very good job, and spoke a little bit about how he got into home improvement. He spoke humorously of having an art deco-themed mansion when he was around 16, “I had rooms that were purple and green and yellow and red, and very colorful. And I came in and it was cool at first. And after a while, it was like I was living in a nightclub. I can’t stand this. Mom, can I come home?” He decided to make all the changes himself, instead of hiring a company. Fifteen years later, he still updating houses, still doing it all himself. It’s amazing what paths life will take.
On a side note, while speaking to me, he sadly remembered Bianca Halstead, a friend who died in 2001 riding as a passenger to a drunk driver. “Everybody has to remember Bianca’s life.”  Betty Blowtorch lives on.
Tags: Latest Event