WEDNESDAY 26 SEPTEMBER, 2012
~~~ Israelis shrug at Netanyahu's Iran warnings ~~~ Iranian President Ahmadinejad has harsh words for Israel, calls homosexuality ‘ugly’ ~~~ Amazing 3D moon photos created with help of lunar orbiter ~~~ Romney jokes about Clinton’s influence on the 2012 election ~~~ ’2016: Obama’s America’ filmmaker defends against critics ~~~ Elizabeth Warren represented coal mining company ~~~

Popular Post

You Are Here: Home - Latest Event , Slider - Sonali Bendre returns to films


Sonali Bendre joins the cast of an eagerly anticipated sequel, releasing in 2013: Balaji Motion Pictures' Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai...Again.
In what is being seen by some as a casting coup, director Milan Luthria already has Akshay Kumar and Imran Khan on board as both represent diverse sensibilities. He says, "I am thrilled to add another twist to the casting. Sonali is a gorgeous looker, a competent actor and suits the role to the T. My crew and I are super excited to offer her this film."
He adds, "Sonali's character is called Mumtaz. The name spells enigma and is very crucial to the plot of the film. The character doesn't fit into the usual mould of a mother or a sister or bhabhi but has an identity of its own. That is what makes it special. And that's why Sonali agreed to be a part of the film."
The director said that they were desperately looking for a heroine to play Mumtaz but failed to come up with suitable names. "Eventually, Sonali's name cropped up. We feel she's the right person to play this sensitive role."
Sonali reveals, "Well, the only thing I can say is that it is a spin-off on the Emraan Hashmi-Prachi Desai relationship in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai and shows what it has grown into. I can't reveal anything beyond this. The role is very interesting. Moreover, it's a massive franchise."
The actress adds, "I have worked with Milan earlier in Chori Chori (2003) and share a comfort level with him. For me, it is very important that I sync well with the people I am working with. Besides, Milan, Shobhaji and Ekta are family to me. Also, the film is going to be shot in Mumbai and that really works for me as I won't be away from my family."
Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai... Again goes on floors in August. The film will be shot in Mumbai and Muscat.